- Enhance our neighborhoods by turning empty lots into green areas
- Provides individuals and families the opportunity to grow fresh, healthy produce
- Encourages the understanding and awareness of the local environment
- Offers the opportunity to build a sense of community within neighborhoods
The Master Gardener Association of San Diego County Community Gardens Program advises and educates the public on starting and maintaining sustainable community gardens for the benefit of their local community.
Information on starting or restoring a community garden
- Community Garden Start - Up Guide (English)
- Garden Infrastructure & Management
- Starting a Community Garden
- City of San Diego Park & Recreation
Note: check with your local city officials regarding community garden regulations and guidelines
Backyard Produce Garden, Poway, Ca.
American Community Garden Association